Your oral health is tied directly and intrinsically to your overall systemic health and wellbeing. Many people think of dental or oral health care in relation to their teeth and gums. As healthcare and dentistry evolve, we understand how critical the detection of changes in the mouth and saliva has become in diagnosing health conditions, such as cancer and diabetes. The use of saliva testing is increasing as a less invasive and immediate diagnostic tool. Because the chemistry in the mouth changes as we age, periodic visits to your professional dental team are important not just for the appearance and cleanliness of your teeth and gums but also for the prevention of gum disease and other health concerns.
At Mark A. Cruz, DDS, located in Dana Point, CA, and serving patients from Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, and South Orange County, Dr. Cruz is a recognized and respected author, researcher, and peer lecturer who is committed to achieving optimal clinical outcomes in a caring and attentive environment. We believe dental care is best guided by a medical approach first, and should encompass evaluation of the stomatognathic system, which focuses on the teeth, gums, bones, jaw joints, tendons, airway clarity, and the suspensory muscles.
Periodic oral examination and evaluation assesses your overall periodontal health including:
- Medical history and risk factors
- Teeth and subgingival condition, including implants
- Plaque build-up, including the presence and severity of plaque or calculus
- Bite and alignment
- Bone structure, including bone loss
Additionally, Dr. Cruz works closely with physician peers to enable a team approach and collaboration for optimal continuity of care and clinical outcomes.
Our knowledgeable and dedicated professionals at Mark A. Cruz, DDS, are committed to helping our patients achieve the highest levels of oral and physical health. We offer a complete range of advanced dental care, such as cosmetic and restorative dentistry, orthotropics, treatment for medical issues like gum disease, TMJ/TMD, airway issues, sleep disordered breathing, and sleep apnea. Dr. Cruz also offers the CAMBRA evaluation, which stands for caries management by risk assessment, and involves a series of tests to gain the best understanding of why a patient may be more prone to cavities or decay and develop an individualized plan of care.
The practice of Mark A. Cruz, DDS, is located in Dana Point, California, at 32241 Crown Valley Parkway. For consultation or an appointment, call us today at (949) 661-1006.
« Back to Dental Hygiene Home Page
- Periodic Oral Examination Dana Point - Patients in Dana Point ask, "What is involved in periodic oral examination?"
- Family Dentist Laguna Niguel - Your Infant's First Dental Visit
- Periodontal Disease - The Fight Goes On
- Periodontal Disease Dana Point - Breath of Fresh Air
- Pediatric Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Tooth brushing can be a risky business for children
- Dana Point Dentist - What's a Rubber Dam?
- Gum Disease Laguna Niguel - No Room for Uninvited Guests
- Dentist in Dana Point - Your Dentist Sees More Than Just Your Teeth
- Sleep Apnea Laguna Niguel - What's Sleep Apnea?
- Snoring Laguna Niguel - What are the main causes of snoring?
- Laguna Niguel Sleep Apnea - Is snoring the same as Sleep Apnea?
- Fluoride Treatment Laguna Niguel - What's fluoride and why do we need it?
- Dental Sealants Laguna Niguel - What are dental sealants?
- Sleep Apnea in Laguna Niguel - What's the Difference Between Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea?
- Periodontal Treatment Laguna Niguel - How periodontal treatment in Laguna Niguel can improve your quality of life