A rubber dam is a safe and simple dental tool which is introduced to dentists when they are in dental school. In reality, it's a stretchable piece of rubber which helps a dentist to isolate the teeth he or she is working on. When used in the proper manner, it helps to improve infection control, patient comfort and doctor efficiency. In effect, you will not be swallowing any bacteria and debris as a result of the rubber dam.
Dentists who use rubber dams start by carving out appropriate holes in it to fit the size and shape of the affected teeth. Then they utilize a few miniature metal clamps over the affected teeth so that the rubber dam can be fixed onto them. Following this, the rubber sheet is stretched in a small frame to hold it in a tightened manner, allowing the dentist to work on the teeth without any disturbances from the rubber.
Contrary to the excellent benefits offered by rubber dams, you may have not seen many dentists who use this excellent tool to treat patients. This is because, for many dentists, it takes a considerable amount of time to place and utilize it. But, if you visit Dr. Cruz's dental office, you will be amazed at how often he uses the rubber dam in his procedures. He takes the extra time to use it since he is aware of the variety of benefits offered, as well as to show his commitment to an elite standard of excellence found nowhere else.
« Back to Dental Hygiene Home Page
- Periodic Oral Examination Dana Point - Patients in Dana Point ask, "What is involved in periodic oral examination?"
- Family Dentist Laguna Niguel - Your Infant's First Dental Visit
- Periodontal Disease - The Fight Goes On
- Periodontal Disease Dana Point - Breath of Fresh Air
- Pediatric Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Tooth brushing can be a risky business for children
- Dana Point Dentist - What's a Rubber Dam?
- Gum Disease Laguna Niguel - No Room for Uninvited Guests
- Dentist in Dana Point - Your Dentist Sees More Than Just Your Teeth
- Sleep Apnea Laguna Niguel - What's Sleep Apnea?
- Snoring Laguna Niguel - What are the main causes of snoring?
- Laguna Niguel Sleep Apnea - Is snoring the same as Sleep Apnea?
- Fluoride Treatment Laguna Niguel - What's fluoride and why do we need it?
- Dental Sealants Laguna Niguel - What are dental sealants?
- Sleep Apnea in Laguna Niguel - What's the Difference Between Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea?
- Periodontal Treatment Laguna Niguel - How periodontal treatment in Laguna Niguel can improve your quality of life