According to Dr. Mark Cruz, an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry is any person who has a particular pressing concern about their smile and how it affects their entire facial appearance.
However, a specific cosmetic dentistry procedure is not performed on a patient after just one look. The real process starts by establishing a proper and thorough diagnosis and understanding all the available options for addressing a patient's particular concern. Moreover, comprehension of a particular procedure's risks, benefits, costs, and short term and long terms ramifications is also done prior to any procedure. Hence, the role played by the patient in identifying that he or she is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry, though important, is not sufficient.
Depending on the specific treatment provided, the established diagnosis and the patient's goals and desires plus an understanding of the risks and benefits, the duration for completion will vary. However, if the treatment entails dental implants and surgical grafting or orthodontic treatment, the end result will arrive after many months. Hence, cosmetic dentistry can give patients their desired outcome in days, in months or years.
There are many approaches and solutions to cosmetic problems. The risks, benefits, and the costs vary depending on the individual's desires and diagnosis.
« Back to Cosmetic Dentistry home page
- Dana Point Cosmetic Dentistry - Who is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry?
- Laguna Beach Dentist - How important is your smile?
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist - Is it right for me?
- Cosmetic Dentistry in Laguna Niguel - It’s not just for Women
- Cosmetic Dentist in Laguna Niguel - Decide on a Beautiful Smile
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentistry - What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Cosmetic Dentist Laguna Niguel - What are your thoughts on the latest developments in cosmetic dentistry?
- Restorative Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Research Evaluation of a Lithium Disilicate Restorative System