Misshapen, discolored, gapped, uneven, chipped, and cracked teeth are reasons patients seek Dr. Mark A. Cruz for treatment. Dr. Cruz believes it makes no sense to restore beauty to the smile with a cosmetic treatment until there is an understanding of the cause for smile imperfections. Dr. Cruz offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry services including dental veneers based on accurate diagnosis and treatment planning at his office in Dana Point.
Common reasons Dr. Cruz may recommend veneers to restore health and beauty to the smile include:
- Worn enamel – Over time, enamel may become worn, dulled, and discolored. Consuming cola, tea or coffee; smoking; and using certain medications can lead to worn teeth. Genetic predisposition is another cause.
- Wear and tear – As people age, teeth naturally wear down. Chips, cracks, and an uneven appearance are more common among aged teeth.
- Gapped teeth – Some people are born with abnormal spacing between their teeth. Others have gaps due to tooth loss. Veneers can be used to close minor gaps in the smile.
- Uneven teeth – Tooth grinding or general wear and tear can lead to uneven teeth. Dr. Cruz will carefully examine the teeth to determine if veneers, or an alternative treatment, are the best option.
For dental veneer treatment, a wafer thin porcelain shell or layer composed of composite resin is placed over the tooth surface. The veneer can restore beauty to worn, uneven, gapped, and discolored teeth. Although dental veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry, they also protect the surface of damaged teeth and may eliminate the need for more extensive treatments. They are strong, durable, and long-lasting with good oral hygiene habits. In comparison to crown treatment, there is minimal to no tooth preparation required before placing veneers.
If veneer treatment is right for a patient, a wax mold-up will be created before the veneer is fabricated. Dr. Cruz will ensure the veneer fits precisely before it is permanently bonded to the tooth.
Your smile is in good hands with Dr. Cruz and his team. To explore veneers or any other cosmetic treatment, schedule a consultation with him today by calling (949) 661-1006.
« Back to Veneers Home Page
- Dental Veneers Dana Point - Respected Dana Point dentist explains reasons patients seek dental veneers
- Veneer Replacement - Reasons patients may need to consider veneer replacement
- Laguna Niguel Porcelain Veneers - Make an Impression with Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain Veneers in Laguna Niguel - How are Porcelain Veneers made? What is their lifespan?
- Veneers Dana Point - Long-term Solution for a Great Smile