CAMBRA, means "Caries Management by Risk Assessment." It is a technique used by dentist to determine a patients' risk for dental caries. Dental caries are the cavities or tooth decay that destroys teeth. Tooth decay is an infectious process that is caused by bacteria that is present in the mouth. Certain patients have a higher occurrence of dental caries. CAMBRA can help determine who has a higher risk and what steps should be taken to avoid future tooth decay.
A CAMBRA evaluation can be performed by Dr. Cruz in Laguna Niguel. Dr. Cruz will look at your individual risk factors including diet, medications, family history, medical conditions and habits. He will also perform some tests on your saliva to determine if it has the proper pH. A pH imbalance can also contribute to your risk for dental caries.
Once Dr. Cruz has a better understanding of why you may have an increased risk for dental caries, he can determine what steps should be taken to stop this destructive process. When teeth are under the attack of decay, it could mean a filling, onlay, crown, or in the worst case, extraction. Tooth decay can be detrimental to your overall health, as your mouth is the first phase of digestion. Our goal here in Laguna Niguel is to help you keep your teeth for a lifetime and to safeguard your overall health.
The best way to eradicate dental caries in your teeth is to have a CAMBRA evaluation. In the past, it was assumed that tooth decay was a result of poor hygiene, but we now know that many other factors can impact your risk for this disease. Please call Dr. Cruz in Laguna Niguel today, to schedule your CAMBRA evaluation. You will be glad you did.
« Back to Treatment for Dental Caries Home Page
- CAMBRA in Monarch Beach - Why Participate in CAMBRA?
- Cambra Monarch Beach - What is CAMBRA?
- Monarch Beach CAMBRA - How Can Acid Reflux (GERD) Affect Your Teeth?
- Dental Cambra Laguna Niguel - What are Dental Caries?
- CAMBRA Dental Monarch Beach - Dental office protects Monarch Beach smiles with CAMBRA evaluations
- Laguna Niguel Dental CAMBRA - CAMBRA evaluations are available from your dental office near Laguna Niguel
- Tooth Decay dentist Laguna Niguel - Laguna Niguel residents can prevent tooth decay with the help of their dentist