Dentistry has come a long way over the years. The primary way to replace missing teeth used to be with dentures, but over time, technology has allowed dentists other alternatives for teeth missing or lost from damage, age, or extraction.
Many patients who walk into our offices struggle with the dilemma of whether to choose dentures or dental implants. Both are effective ways to replace missing teeth. But the advantages of dental implants far outweigh those of dentures.
Denture-wearers have a number of common complaints. Gull set dentures require extra care and attention. To keep them in good shape, maintain a healthy mouth, and prevent bad breath, dentures must be removed, cleaned, and cared for in a special manner, different than natural teeth. They require regular check-ups with your dentist to ensure the proper fit over time. They typically do not last as long as other restorations, and will need to be replaced regularly.
Another very common complaint from denture-wearers is ill-fitting, loose dentures that won't stay in place, slip, or fall out. Dentures can also cause discomfort for many, resulting in sores and mouth pain.
Dental implants are a permanent fix for missing teeth. They are placed into the gums and become part of the bone in your jaw. They are strong, durable, looking and functioning just like natural teeth. Implants do not require extra care like dentures - just your usual good oral hygiene. Dental implants can also be used in conjunction with dentures as a way to "clip" dentures into place and provide extra stability and strength.
If you are missing one or more teeth and are considering your options for restorations, call Dr. Cruz today to find out what solution will work best for you. There's no reason to have an imperfect smile, so schedule your consultation today to get the most out of your smile!
« Back to Implants home page
- Best Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Dentist in the Laguna Niguel area highlights studies to help patients with uncontrolled diabetes make the best decisions regarding dental implants
- Tooth Implant Mission Viejo - Dentist near Mission Viejo offers dental implant treatment to restore a missing tooth
- Mission Viejo Dental Implants - Dental Implants and a new you!
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implant - With Dental Implants, You Don't Need to Hide Your Smile
- Dental Implant Laguna Niguel - What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Permanent Tooth Replacement Solution
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implants - Implants vs dentures
- Implants Dentist Mission Viejo - Choosing the right dentist for implants in the Mission Viejo area