Dental Implant Case Studies
Q: What is the best way to replace missing teeth? What is your opinion on implants as a substitute for missing teeth?
Dental Implants are an excellent choice for replacing missing teeth. This requires enough quantity and quality of bone at the site of the implant. Implants also avoid affecting the adjacent teeth. Implants make it possible for the teeth at the back of the jaw to be replaced which is not possible in specific situations with a traditional approach. The patient should be made aware of the care that the replaced tooth requires. Tooth implantations were introduced to the US in 1985 and continue to enjoy a very high degree of success.
Q: Tell us about the Implant procedure. What is the success rate?
Titanium implants are a well-established routine procedure. A titanium device which is similar to a root form is placed in the jawbone where the implant is needed with a routine surgical procedure. A healing period of usually three to six months is given for the gum surrounding to grow and secure the device. This process is also referred as "Osseointegration". When the gum tissue is ready, a special post is attached to the implant. This acts as a support for the new prosthetic crown. Current technologies attach zirconium abutments to the implant post, assuring the new porcelain tooth to possess translucency properties comparable to that of a natural tooth. As the final step, a crown is custom made and shaded to match your existing teeth, which is then attached to the post and cemented, allowing the final prosthetic crown to resemble your natural teeth.
Research proves a high success rate of 95 - 98% for this procedure. This success rate declines with various risk factors such as heavy smoking, diabetes and other medical conditions. Individuals with weaker immune systems will also experience lower success rates.
- Best Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Dentist in the Laguna Niguel area highlights studies to help patients with uncontrolled diabetes make the best decisions regarding dental implants
- Tooth Implant Mission Viejo - Dentist near Mission Viejo offers dental implant treatment to restore a missing tooth
- Mission Viejo Dental Implants - Dental Implants and a new you!
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implant - With Dental Implants, You Don't Need to Hide Your Smile
- Dental Implant Laguna Niguel - What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Permanent Tooth Replacement Solution
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implants - Implants vs dentures
- Implants Dentist Mission Viejo - Choosing the right dentist for implants in the Mission Viejo area