The loss of one or several natural teeth can have a dramatic impact on a person's appearance, confidence, oral health, and overall quality of life. There are many options for replacing missing teeth, with dental implants being the most recommended. This treatment has many benefits; however, choosing the right dentist is crucial for achieving optimal results.
Implant therapy involves a combination of the best modern technology and science, which is best implemented in an interdisciplinary approach. Successful treatment is dependent upon cooperation between the patient and all involved healthcare providers. It is important that all members of the team communicate clearly and frequently at every stage of the process.
Dr. Cruz has long been an advocate of interdisciplinary care, in regards to implant therapy and other aspects of dentistry. He believes that working closely with the patient's primary care physician, as well as any involved medical or dental specialists, is the best way to deliver quality care on every level.
The first step of the process is an evaluation and consultation to determine if implants are right for you. Dr. Cruz will offer several options if possible, but only if they are good options. He will not recommend or endorse any treatment plan unless he believes it is in the patient's best interest. However, he recognizes that we each have unique priorities, preferences, and needs. He explains the advantages, disadvantages, and potential risks of each solution presented, enabling his patients to make sound, informed decisions.
If implants are the preferred solution, Dr. Cruz will begin developing a customized treatment plan. This may include consulting with your physician to ensure that you are healthy enough for surgery and adjusting medications to minimize the risk of complications. If any other dental specialists are involved in the process, they will be informed of all special considerations. Seamless coordination between the entire team ensures maximum efficiency, safety, patient comfort, and excellent results.
Your oral health is part of a greater whole, that being your overall health. If you are looking for a dentist in the Mission Viejo area who understands that the best dental care is delivered as a part of integrated healthcare, call (949) 661-1006 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Cruz today.
« Back to Implants home page
- Best Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Dentist in the Laguna Niguel area highlights studies to help patients with uncontrolled diabetes make the best decisions regarding dental implants
- Tooth Implant Mission Viejo - Dentist near Mission Viejo offers dental implant treatment to restore a missing tooth
- Mission Viejo Dental Implants - Dental Implants and a new you!
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implant - With Dental Implants, You Don't Need to Hide Your Smile
- Dental Implant Laguna Niguel - What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Dental Implants in Laguna Niguel - Permanent Tooth Replacement Solution
- Laguna Niguel Dental Implants - Implants vs dentures
- Implants Dentist Mission Viejo - Choosing the right dentist for implants in the Mission Viejo area