Our mouths and the surfaces of our teeth are home to billions and billions of bacterial guests. While some of them are the reason behind periodontal disease, tooth decay and bad breath, the rest offer a variety of benefits to maintain the health of our mouth. Some of the beneficial microorganisms in the mouth help us in fighting against tooth and gum disease as well as digesting the food we eat. If you want to know the ropes of correctly maintaining the right amounts of bacteria in your mouth, consult Dr. Mark Cruz today. He will show you the way to achieve the correct balance and get rid of uninvited bacterial guests.
One of the most common conditions which develops as a result of bacterial imbalance in the mouth is bad breath (halitosis). People who suffer from the chronic forms of halitosis almost always feel embarrassed. Your permanent way out of such situations is a simple visit to the dental office of Dr. Cruz.
In a majority of patients, halitosis develops from their gums and tongues. The unpleasant smell is primarily caused due to bacteria which decay particles of food and other debris in the mouth. The decay produces the compound of sulfur and it, in turn gives out the unpleasant smell that patients experience when they suffer from halitosis.
Once you visit Dr. Cruz, he will treat and correct your condition of gum disease. In order to stop bad breath from popping its head up again, he will advise you on practicing good oral hygiene.
To experience a higher standard of care for your oral hygiene problems, visit Dr. Mark Cruz today!
« Back to Dental Hygiene Home Page
- Periodic Oral Examination Dana Point - Patients in Dana Point ask, "What is involved in periodic oral examination?"
- Family Dentist Laguna Niguel - Your Infant's First Dental Visit
- Periodontal Disease - The Fight Goes On
- Periodontal Disease Dana Point - Breath of Fresh Air
- Pediatric Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Tooth brushing can be a risky business for children
- Dana Point Dentist - What's a Rubber Dam?
- Gum Disease Laguna Niguel - No Room for Uninvited Guests
- Dentist in Dana Point - Your Dentist Sees More Than Just Your Teeth
- Sleep Apnea Laguna Niguel - What's Sleep Apnea?
- Snoring Laguna Niguel - What are the main causes of snoring?
- Laguna Niguel Sleep Apnea - Is snoring the same as Sleep Apnea?
- Fluoride Treatment Laguna Niguel - What's fluoride and why do we need it?
- Dental Sealants Laguna Niguel - What are dental sealants?
- Sleep Apnea in Laguna Niguel - What's the Difference Between Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea?
- Periodontal Treatment Laguna Niguel - How periodontal treatment in Laguna Niguel can improve your quality of life