A trip to the dentist can be something to look forward to if you've got a friend waiting to greet you. Mark Cruz, family dentist in Laguna Niguel, makes a dental visit a positive experience. From his thorough, gentle exams to his friendly, caring manner, Dr. Cruz knows how to make young children feel at ease. When it's time for that next appointment, call Dr. Cruz. Your children may just find a friend for life.
Even a Toothless Smile Needs TLC
Although your baby's first smile will be a toothless one, don't let the absence of teeth prevent you from caring for his or her oral health. Mark Cruz, DDS recommends establishing a routine of good oral care in the first few days after birth. Dr. Cruz advises to gently wipe your infant's mouth with a damp washcloth after every meal, avoid bottles in bed and begin using a soft toothbrush as soon as the first tooth breaks through. If you have questions on caring for your baby's teeth, schedule a visit to Dr. Cruz's office. Tender loving care today sets the foundation for healthy smiles tomorrow.
It's never too early to start caring for your child's teeth.
Did you know that your baby's teeth begin to develop between the third and sixth month of pregnancy? What you eat during those critical months affects the development of your unborn child's teeth. That's why it's important to maintain a healthy diet.
But don't stop there.
Dr. Cruz recommends regular dental visits throughout your pregnancy. In addition to preventive care, Dr. Cruz checks for signs of gingivitis (inflammation of the gums), a condition common during pregnancy. Remember, when you're pregnant you have two sets of teeth to care for. Don't neglect either one.
« Back to Dental Hygiene Home Page
- Periodic Oral Examination Dana Point - Patients in Dana Point ask, "What is involved in periodic oral examination?"
- Family Dentist Laguna Niguel - Your Infant's First Dental Visit
- Periodontal Disease - The Fight Goes On
- Periodontal Disease Dana Point - Breath of Fresh Air
- Pediatric Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Tooth brushing can be a risky business for children
- Dana Point Dentist - What's a Rubber Dam?
- Gum Disease Laguna Niguel - No Room for Uninvited Guests
- Dentist in Dana Point - Your Dentist Sees More Than Just Your Teeth
- Sleep Apnea Laguna Niguel - What's Sleep Apnea?
- Snoring Laguna Niguel - What are the main causes of snoring?
- Laguna Niguel Sleep Apnea - Is snoring the same as Sleep Apnea?
- Fluoride Treatment Laguna Niguel - What's fluoride and why do we need it?
- Dental Sealants Laguna Niguel - What are dental sealants?
- Sleep Apnea in Laguna Niguel - What's the Difference Between Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea?
- Periodontal Treatment Laguna Niguel - How periodontal treatment in Laguna Niguel can improve your quality of life