The answer to the question, 'How important is your smile?' primarily revolves around the preferences and desires of an individual. Since the desires and preferences of a person are variable, their expectation from a smile is variable too. As each person is different, their needs and reasons for wanting to improve their smile varies, but it is important to make certain that a person does not go overboard in their desire to improve their smile.
A person's smile and facial appearance does a significant job in communication in initial contact with another person. Since patients are people who can understand this fact, Dr. Mark Cruz thinks that they should be the ones deciding on the importance of their smile. Upon receiving questions like, 'How bright should my teeth be?' from his patients, he always says that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that an individual should be the one solely responsible for deciding on the type of result. Patients should never be pushed by a dentist into an outcome that they may or may not really desire. In order to help his patients make this vital decision, Dr. Cruz often educates and helps them to narrow down their exact desire and expected outcome. In essence, he makes their desires and expectations a bit more objective and less subjective, providing reality over high expectations.
Once his patients make their decision about their expectations and desires more objective, he will use his array of cosmetic dentistry procedures to help them achieve their result. A beautiful and dazzling smile is achieved through procedures and processes like orthodontic treatment, porcelain laminate veneers, resin composite bonding, or a combination of these. Depending on the diagnosis and the prescribed treatment, patients can expect to enjoy their results for a significant amount of time, as well.
« Back to Cosmetic Dentistry home page
- Dana Point Cosmetic Dentistry - Who is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry?
- Laguna Beach Dentist - How important is your smile?
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist - Is it right for me?
- Cosmetic Dentistry in Laguna Niguel - It’s not just for Women
- Cosmetic Dentist in Laguna Niguel - Decide on a Beautiful Smile
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentistry - What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Cosmetic Dentist Laguna Niguel - What are your thoughts on the latest developments in cosmetic dentistry?
- Restorative Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Research Evaluation of a Lithium Disilicate Restorative System