According to most dentists, cosmetic dentistry is a field that is regarded as exciting and life-changing. Utilizing the vast number of dental treatments in the cosmetic dentistry field, dentists are able to give patients the smile they have always searched for and wanted. Through procedures like porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, dental implants, dentures, dental crowns and bridges, patients are given the chance to have a smile that's dazzling and long lasting.
In order to further enhance the results that can be achieved by cosmetic dentistry procedures, there are many new developments coming up, in terms of dental material, science and techniques. However, one of Dr. Cruz's primary concerns regarding these new materials and techniques is that some of them are in the experimental stages and not yet time proven. Hence, it is an area of the professional that he has most concerns with, since more often than not, proper diagnosis and proper information is not given to the patient regarding these new developments. It is crucial that a patient thoroughly understands the pros and cons with each of the materials that are used. According to Dr. Cruz, patients should understand the details of the bio-compatibility, longevity and physical properties of the materials used in their treatments.
In essence, Dr. Cruz thinks that the latest developments of cosmetic dentistry are exciting, but at the same time, caution, intellect and discretion need to be utilized when applying some of the new techniques and innovations.
A mere review of the results achieved by cosmetic dentistry procedures makes any person feel excited and wanting to undergo a procedure to get the same, amazing results. However, patients need to fully understand the decision they are making and the procedure they are willing to undergo. Cosmetic dentistry procedures can, no doubt, provide an aesthetically pleasing smile to a patient. However, if the procedure is not performed properly, it could also bring about results that are undesirable and harmful.
« Back to Cosmetic Dentistry home page
- Dana Point Cosmetic Dentistry - Who is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry?
- Laguna Beach Dentist - How important is your smile?
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist - Is it right for me?
- Cosmetic Dentistry in Laguna Niguel - It’s not just for Women
- Cosmetic Dentist in Laguna Niguel - Decide on a Beautiful Smile
- Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentistry - What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Cosmetic Dentist Laguna Niguel - What are your thoughts on the latest developments in cosmetic dentistry?
- Restorative Dentistry Laguna Niguel - Research Evaluation of a Lithium Disilicate Restorative System